Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pros and Cons of Social Networking

In today's society, social networking is taking the world by storm. Most teenagers and young adults will be the majority of people involved in social networking. When it comes to social networking websites, information that is published will be one of the most fundamental issues. While we use these websites to keep in touch with friends, family, coworkers, etc., information shared can have negative consequences because it is not kept private. There is enough personal information on the website which can be used for theft or identity loss. In my research, I will explain the pros and cons on social networking websites.

3 comments:

  1. It's true how the social networking phenomenon has taken over many people lives today. Although many people jump on the band wagon and sign up for sites like Facebook, many people do not see the negative side of these sites. As a result, many people are giving up their privacy in exchange for conforming to a norm. Maybe you can also explain how cyber bullying exists with these social networking sites as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how social networking grew so fast. In the span of about 3 years it just blew up and everything on the net now is about connecting people and sharing. When I first joined Facebook I was skeptical of posting personal information and such because it was still relatively new. Privacy is always a concern when posting personal information on the internet. I am looking forward to reading your finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing on the same topic and I think its a very interesting topic since we, being in the new social media era, have seen social networking just go up and up so I think this topic is great.

    ReplyDelete