Facebook: I have been using Facebook ever since college started and this website is very user friend and easy to use. It is more of the mature audience, which use to be for college students but has now spread more to adults and younger students. This social networking site allows you to almost do anything such as update your status, post of friend’s walls, upload pictures, or even create events. The only downside is that you can’t change your background or customize your page to however you like which I believe is a good feature to Facebook.
Myspace: I used Myspace back in high school when it was one of the most popular social networking sites. I think Myspace is one of the founders of social networking websites. The downside of Myspace is that anyone or everyone is able to have one. In Myspace you can customize you page or background to however you like. You can put any picture up while having a playlist of music in the background. I think this website has less interaction going on and is just more of a website to brand yourself to display your page into looking nice.
Twitter: Twitter I believe is not for everyone in the social networking world. Some people like it while others hate it. You can only “tweet” up to a maximum of 140 characters, which keeps everything short and sweet about an update on your life. This is definitely useful for popular people like celebrities to see what is happening in their lives or for corporations to see if anything important is happening in the company. Do we need to know what everyone is every few minutes or hours in the day? Probably not.
LinkedIn: I have just created a LinkedIn account since I thought it would be nice to one now then in the future since I might just create one anyone to connect with professional people around the world. This website is more of a professional website which helps you exchange knowledge, ideas, and opportunities with a broader network of professionals. This website allows you to create your profile of educations, past job experiences, organizations, and so much more. This website is for a mature audience and is very user friendly allowing you to easily edit and change your profile.
No comments:
Post a Comment